Try full window live demo!
Graph Visualization Map (GraViM)
GraViM is a simple infographics maker: graph builder and browser. It is used to build the graph by the connectivity matrix and provide usable browsing.
License: Apache 2.0 with the extension that you should provide feedback on this page or embed a backlink to this page from the page where you are going to use a derivative or GraViM origin. Anyway back link to the origin is highly appreciated!
- Builds hierarchical graph by the connectivity matrix
- Provides automatic graph building specifying it's size and max density
- Provides both readable representation of the nodes and navigation map like representation to observe all the graph
- Readable and navigation representation are synchronized
- Graph nodes highlighting and selection
- Visual representations (Views) dragging
- Adjustable to different screen sizes
- Navigation representation has adjustable visibility and size
- Text editor to define and rebuild the graph
- Input data verification and errors highlighting
- Implementation is FREE and open source, consider the license
- Works on Chrome, Firefox and most part of other modern browsers
- Based on SVG and D3.js
Specify graph size and max density and click on Generate or press Ctrl + g to generate the graph.Define connectivity matrix
Click on Build or press Ctrl + Enter or Ctrl + b to submit the matrix and rebuild the graph.Input Format:
[<node_id>;] [to: <node_id>[, <node_id> ...] | null[; from: null]]
- node_id; - optional. Id of the current node, it is used just to provide readable matrix representation. Must fit current line number starting from zero.
- to: <node_id>[, <node_id> ...]; - optional, CSV list of the destination nodes connected to this one.
- from: null - optional. Just a flag that marks the root nodes (upper nodes of the hierarchy to be on the top of the graph). Note: actually just a flag, these nodes also may have incoming connections from others.
- It's main view of the workspace that contains graph nodes with some text inside them.
- Highlighted on mouseover
- Selected on click
- View can be dragged
- It shows all the graph in the compact representation and has similar features to the Session View plus:
- Size can be adjusted
- Can be shown/hidden
- Drops all selections on click on the view background (out of the nodes)
- Focuses Session View on the latest selected node